Click above to watch our interview
Advice from an NBA All-Star
His career in the NBA is well-known: NBA All-Star, leading the league in blocked shots in four seasons, a five-time member on the NBA all-defensive team. He has two records including the most blocked shots in one season (456) and career average blocked shots (3.5).
His career continues as a motivational speaker, entrepreneur, and now, author.
His book, The Four Commitments of a Winning Team, is a blend between his intriguing personal story and his principles for teambuilding. Even if you don’t follow professional basketball, I am certain you will enjoy it.
In our interview, you will learn:
- What Wilt Chamberlin told him in five minutes that changed everything
- Why he dreaded his height for much of his life
- How an auto mechanic who wasn’t interested in basketball became an NBA All-Star
- How the never-ending persistence of a coach changed the course of his career
- What a winning team looks like
- Why teamwork is misunderstood
The Four Commitments of a Winning Team
Commitment #1: Know your job.
Commitment #2: Do what you’re asked to do.
Commitment #3: Make people look good.
Commitment #4: Protect others.
For more information, see The Four Commitments of a Winning Team.