Billy Graham once said, “I look forward to death with great anticipation” and “My home is in heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” Today we say goodbye to the great evangelist who is now home.
Some amazing facts about Billy Graham:
- He was one of the ten most admired men in the world, appearing on the list more than anyone.
- He preached to more people in live audiences than anyone else in history.
- He was known as a spiritual adviser to presidents since Harry Truman
- He was frequently called the Protestant Pope.
- He has awards ranging from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Freedom Award to the Congressional Gold Medal.
- He was bestowed with the Honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- He was truly one of the giants of the last century.
Despite all of the accolades, he was puzzled by his own success, often saying “that the first thing I am going to do when I get to Heaven is to ask, “Why me, Lord?”
In his own words:
If you are going through one of life’s storms or what seems like an unending valley, you may not feel like you will ever experience a sunny day or a mountaintop again. These quotes are designed to encourage you through it all.
The Right Words
Below are 33 opportunities for you to be inspired, change direction, or reflect on words of wisdom. One of the reasons I love quotes is that the right words, at the right time, can provide the right inspiration for something new.
The Power of Words
Words have remarkable power. Choosing to fill your life with positive, inspirational words is like fueling the engine of your mind. I believe that our circumstances can change based on what words we read, hear, and speak. That’s why in every blog post I try to pull out quotes that will spur new thoughts and actions.
Share a few of your favorites or stop by anytime to add one to your social media streams. You never know when a few words will be just the fuel someone needs.
Today the world says goodbye to Nelson Mandela. He once said that “When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace.” May he rest in peace.
The man who spent 27 years in prison for opposing apartheid before becoming the President of South Africa inspired millions around the world. Here are 13 inspiring quotes that remind us of his spirit.
And one more: