Learn to Provide Extraordinary Service
What is it that makes customer service extraordinary?
This week is Customer Service Week, a week to remind organizations of the importance of customers and the week to especially celebrate those who provide this service day in and day out.
In honor of Customer Service Week, I want to share a conversation I had with an expert in the field of customer service, Mark Sanborn. Mark is an extraordinary professional speaker, the bestselling author of numerous books on customer service and leadership, and a personal friend. His many books have inspired me and countless others to raise our own performance and deliver exceptional service.
In this brief nine-minute conversation, we talk about:
- What differentiates extraordinary customer service from average service
- How good recovery means everything if you miss
- How to use creativity instead of capital to fix customer service problems
- The danger of indifference
- Overcompensating for customer service misses
- How leaders can develop a customer service culture throughout an organization
Customer Service Quotes from Mark Sanborn
Some of my favorite customer service quotes from this interview or from his books:
Subscribe to Leadership Insights, the blog that transforms.
Join thousands of subscribers in the Leadership Insights community for a regular diet of ideas to fuel your success.
Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm your subscription.