Leadership Lessons from Star Wars
Forty years ago, on Wednesday, May 25th, 1977:
The Brady Bunch Hour ended.
Jimmy Carter was President of the United States.
And George Lucas released Star Wars.
Star Wars debuted on only 32 screens in the United States, but it would launch careers, become a multi-billion dollar franchise, and change the movie business.
There are many leadership lessons in Star Wars:
- There’s strength in diversity. Look different, think different = strength.
- The power of simplicity. Discard what’s unneeded.
- A team is stronger when individuals are in balance and strong.
- Surround yourself with the best people.
- Go for your dreams!
- Leadership is about duplicating the positive power within.
- Look beyond initial appearances.
- Mastering self is the beginning of the leadership journey.
I could go on and on.
Every one of the movies is filled with great quotes full of these life lessons. Here are a few of my favorites.
Quotes from Star Wars Films: