“Great leaders see around corners, shaping their future, not just reacting to it.” –Roselinde Torres
Roselinde Torres has studied leadership effectiveness for years. Her studies revealed that 3 key questions help define successful leadership.
- Where are you looking to anticipate change?
- What is the diversity measure of your network?
- Are you courageous enough to abandon the past?
Asking these three questions pushes the leader to think futuristically and creatively. With a diverse network, others are challenging the leader’s thinking and encouraging a wider variety of ideas. All of this helps by focusing on the future instead of getting stuck in the past.
“Relying on traditional development practices will stunt your growth as a leader.” –Roselinde Torres
- Are courageous enough to abandon their past
- Dare to be different
- Take risks
- Stand out
- Prepare for the unknown
- Develop relationships with people different from themselves
Take time to answer these three questions for yourself. I found it extraordinarily helpful.