Recruit the Best
Jeff Hyman has hired more than 3,000 people over the course of his career as a top-tier executive recruiter. Jeff’s new book, Recruit Rockstars: The 10 Step Playbook to Find the Winners and Ignite Your Business, reveals his method for landing the very best talent.
I recently spoke with Jeff about his book and work. Here are a few ideas that will help you assemble a team of rock stars.
“90% of business problems are actually people problems in disguise.” -Jeff Hyman
What percentage of business problems do you attribute to recruiting mishaps?
- 90% of business problems are actually people problems in disguise.
- Hiring B and C Players can cause more problems than staffing these roles solve
- They may do the job, but do they do it well? And if they don’t do it well, that’s another problem to fix.
- B and C Players need to be micromanaged, which distracts the leader’s time from improving the company’s performance.
- By investing in hiring Rockstars, you can take time away from micromanaging and fixing the problems of B and C Players