Billy Graham once said, “I look forward to death with great anticipation” and “My home is in heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” Today we say goodbye to the great evangelist who is now home.
Some amazing facts about Billy Graham:
- He was one of the ten most admired men in the world, appearing on the list more than anyone.
- He preached to more people in live audiences than anyone else in history.
- He was known as a spiritual adviser to presidents since Harry Truman
- He was frequently called the Protestant Pope.
- He has awards ranging from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Freedom Award to the Congressional Gold Medal.
- He was bestowed with the Honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- He was truly one of the giants of the last century.
Despite all of the accolades, he was puzzled by his own success, often saying “that the first thing I am going to do when I get to Heaven is to ask, “Why me, Lord?”
In his own words:
“A real Christian is the one who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.” -Billy Graham
“God has given us two hands–one to receive with and the other to give with.” -Billy Graham