Selected News Stories:
- Inc. Magazine names Skip Prichard to the Top 100 Leadership Speakers for 2018 list.
- KSVY 91.3FM (Beverly Hills & West Napa) interviews Skip Prichard
- Innovative Leaders: Driving Thriving Organizations. December 2017. Radio Interview on VoiceAmerica with Maureen Metcalf.
- “Q&A: Skip Prichard: OCLC chief invested in sharing knowledge, leadership skills.” November 25, 2017. The Columbus Dispatch. Skip Prichard is interviewed about what OCLC does and how it serves libraries.
- “Profile: Skip Prichard, OCLC.” November 20, 2017. Columbus CEO. Skip Prichard talks about his tenure at OCLC and his passion for sharing information.
- “Skip Prichard: Overcoming the Curse of Knowledge.” Shelf Awareness. Skip Prichard writes shifting sides from publishing executive to the author experience.
- “ALA 2017 Spotlight: Four Questions with Skip Prichard.” June 17, 2017. Publishers Weekly. Skip Prichard answers questions about publishing, libraries, and his new book.
- “8 Influencers Discuss Effective Leadership.” February 2017. Villanova University. Skip Prichard is featured as a leadership expert and explains his values, style and motivational techniques.
- “2016 Smart 50 specialty award winners.” December 1, 2016. Smart Business. Skip Prichard is named the 2016 sustainability winner by Smart Business for positioning OCLC for another 50 years of success.
- “Central Ohio’s Smart 50 Awards celebrate area’s top executives.” October 3, 2016. Smart Business. Skip Prichard is named one of the top 50 executives in central Ohio for creating a culture of innovation, impact and sustainability at OCLC.
- “OCLC: Purpose, Place, and People.” August 15, 2016. American Libraries. This article covers Skip Prichard’s presentation during the 82nd General Conference of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) in Columbus, Ohio.
- “Servant Leadership: Putting People First.” February 17, 2016. The Ritz-Carlton Leadership Center blog. In this interview, Skip Prichard talks about how to build a people-centric organization and how that creates customer loyalty, employee retention, and higher sales and profits.
- “2015 Top Thought Leaders in TRUST.” Winter 2015. Trust!. Skip Prichard is named one of the top 20 thought leaders for 2015 in the importance of leadership and trust.
- “100 Great Leadership Speakers for Your Next Conference.” December 16, 2014. Skip Prichard makes Inc.’s list of the top leadership speakers and trainers.
- “The 7 Attributes of CEOs Who Get Social Media.” December 3, 2014. Harvard Business Review. Skip Prichard is listed as a standout example of a social CEO who blogs on leadership and shares insights from his favorite authors—often with no direct benefit to him or his organization.
- “ATG Interviews Skip Prichard.” July 18, 2014. Against the Grain. Skip Prichard is interviewed about his first year as President and CEO of OCLC.
- “An Interview with Skip Prichard.” October 1, 2013. American Libraries. In this Q&A, Skip Prichard talks about his first impressions of OCLC and the challenges facing libraries and the OCLC cooperative. He also talks about his plans for the organization and his leadership style.
- “OCLC Names Skip Prichard President and CEO.” May 16, 2013. Publishers Weekly. Sandy Yee, Chair, OCLC Board of Trustees, announces that Skip Prichard will become OCLC’s fifth President and CEO on July 1, 2013.
- “Ingram Content buys facilities in two states, inks licensing deal.” March 23, 2012. Nashville Post. In this article, Skip Prichard explains how these transactions expand the print-on-demand solution for Ingram Content Group.
- “Enjoy Every Sandwich Wins Books for a Better Life Award for Inspirational Memoir!” March 13, 2012. Books for Better Living. Skip Prichard is inducted into the Awards Hall of Fame during the 16th annual Books for a Better Life Awards ceremony at the Times Center in New York City.
- “How Will We Read? The Book Makers.” December 22, 2011. The Huffington Post. In this Q&A, Skip Prichard talks about the future of publishing and reading.
- “Media & Publishing.” April 7, 2011. Nashville Post. Skip Prichard is named as one of top 15 executives in middle Tennessee who are the region’s business and political power brokers reshaping Music City.
- “Now What? Embracing New Models and Rethinking the Old…” February 15, 2011. O’Reilly’s Tools of Change for Publishing conference. In this video presentation, Skip Prichard outlines the rapid and seismic changes in content format and delivery that are reshaping the publishing industry.
- “O’Reilly Tools of Change—Keynote with Skip Prichard.” February 15, 2011. No Shelf Required. This article is a summary of Skip Prichard’s presentation at the O’Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing conference.
- “Struggling Borders to Meet with Publishers.” January 3, 2011. New York Times. Skip Prichard is interviewed as an expert in bookselling and asked to comment on Borders.
- “Ingram launches VitalSource Bookshelf Application for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.” September 28, 2010. No Shelf Required. Skip Prichard announces that the VitalSource e-textbook platform from Ingram Content Group now supports access by these devices.
- “Lightning Source Heads Down Under.” September 22, 2010. No Shelf Required. Skip Prichard announces that Ingram Content Group Inc. will expand its presence in the Asia-Pacific market by establishing a full-scale Lightning Source print-on-demand book manufacturing operation in Australia.
- “Ingram expands in Australia.” September 23, 2010. Nashville Post, Skip Prichard announces the expansion of Ingram Content Group into Australia.
- CEO’s Speak Up. May 26, 2010. Shelf Awareness. Skip is quoted on trends in the publishing and book industry.
- “Macmillan to Use Ingram’s print-on-demand service.” September 21, 2010. No Shelf Required. Skip Prichard announces that Ingram Content Group will integrate Ingram’s print-on-demand (POD) and fulfillment capability with Macmillan’s publishing program.
- “The Future of Books: CEO Ingram Skip Prichard Feels Confident.” July 28, 2010. The Daily Beast. In this article, Skip Prichard says that books of all sorts are here to stay and that people will embrace changing technologies—and keep on reading.
- “Lightning Source, PediaPress Team to Produce Custom Wiki Books.” June 11, 2010. Publishers Weekly. Skip Prichard announces a new partnership that brings Ingram Content Group’s print-on-demand manufacturing and distribution to PediaPress in order to create customized books.
- “The Value of a Book.” May 25, 2010. CSpan. 2010 Book Expo America. In this video, Skip Prichard participates in a panel discussion on the current and future state of the publishing industry with CEOs from several other publishing houses and trade organizations.
- “TOC—Tools of Change Keynote Speakers.” February 23, 2010. No Shelf Required. This article reports on Skip Prichard’s keynote at the Tools of Change conference.
- “ATG Interviews Skip Prichard.” November 2008. Against the Grain. As President and CEO of Ingram Book Group, Skip Prichard answers questions about strategy, acquisitions, ebooks, and technology in this wide-ranging Q&A interview.
- “David ‘Skip’ Prichard, President and CEO, Ingram Book Group.” April 2008. Information Today. Skip Prichard talks about how digital content is opening up new avenues for the publishing industry and getting information to the masses.
- “ProQuest to sell subsidiary to Maryland company for $222 million.” December 15, 2006. Crain’s Detroit Business. Skip Prichard announces that ProQuest Information and Learning Co. will be sold to Cambridge Information Group and combined with one of its subsidiaries to form a new, independent company.
- “The Ultimately Accountable Job: Leading Today’s Sales Organization.” July–August 2006 issue. Harvard Business Review. Skip Prichard is quoted in this article about the role of senior management in helping an organization’s sales team with customer relationships.
OCLC Wikipedia page
OCLC website profile