3 Questions that Define Leadership in the 21st Century
“Great leaders see around corners, shaping their future, not just reacting to it.” –Roselinde Torres
Roselinde Torres has studied leadership effectiveness for years. Her studies revealed that 3 key questions help define successful leadership.
- Where are you looking to anticipate change?
- What is the diversity measure of your network?
- Are you courageous enough to abandon the past?
Asking these three questions pushes the leader to think futuristically and creatively. With a diverse network, others are challenging the leader’s thinking and encouraging a wider variety of ideas. All of this helps by focusing on the future instead of getting stuck in the past.
“Relying on traditional development practices will stunt your growth as a leader.” –Roselinde Torres
- Are courageous enough to abandon their past
- Dare to be different
- Take risks
- Stand out
- Prepare for the unknown
- Develop relationships with people different from themselves
Take time to answer these three questions for yourself. I found it extraordinarily helpful.
Improve your own leadership skills by signing up for our blog post newsletter. It’s FREE and designed to help. We keep your email safe.